The City’s Mission
The City of West Palm Beach partners with the community to preserve and enhance the quality of life through providing efficient and effective community-focused services.
The City’s Vision
West Palm Beach will be a vibrant, resilient, attractive and safe city, recognized as a model community which:
- Takes pride in history, diversity and environment
- Promotes and enjoys community respect, pride and cooperation
- Provides visionary and creative governmental leadership
- Is a celebrated cultural and recreational destination
- Values its public employees and recognizes their achievements
The Core Values: "DIRECT"
- Diversity: We find strength in our differences, promoting mutual understanding and inclusiveness.
- Integrity: We adhere to the ethical principles underlying public service; believing honesty and follow-through support credibility.
- Respect: We treat our constituents, stakeholders and each other with dignity, courtesy, and esteem.
- Excellence: We deliver high-quality services in a friendly manner, based on an understanding of our constituents and their needs.
- Collaboration: We build partnerships that support the community's success.
- Transparency: We recognize that openness and accountability makes mutual trust possible and invites participation.