Driving and Retaining a Strong Small Business Presence
The mission of the Small Business Program is to spur healthy economic development by encouraging small businesses to relocate and stay in Palm Beach County – particularly West Palm Beach.
To support this mission, the Procurement Department facilitates the Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Certification and ensure all small businesses equitable opportunities in pursuing City contracts for goods and services (professional and construction). Certification is granted for up to three (3) years.
SBE Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for certification as a Certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE) with the City, the Vendor must meet all of the following criteria:
- Domiciled in Palm Beach County,
- Has current business tax receipt issued by Palm Beach County or a municipality therein;
- Has continuously maintained such physical address for a least six months prior to time of application for certification
- Provides a commercially useful function and is an actual provider of work or services and is not a broker of services and
- Earns an adjusted gross margin average over previous three years (if in business less than three years, average duration of the business), does not exceed:
- $9,000,000 in construction
- $5,000,000 in commodities
How to Apply for Certification
- $5,000,000 in professional services
Small Businesses must complete the SBE Certification Application and submit all required supporting documentation. Any required documentation not submitted may delay the process of becoming certified with the City. Download the Certification application now.
Small businesses that were previously certified by the City and still meet certification eligibility criteria may continue their participation by applying for Re-certification prior to their certification expiring. Download the Re-certification application now.
See the attached listing for NIGP Codes
to use for certification