9/22/2016 4:00:00 PM
Josephine Grosch, Sir. Purchasing Agent, Dir. 561-822-2107
8/26/2016 6:00:00 PM
Question Email Recipient:
RFP No. 15-16-220 TPA Services
RFP No. 15-16-220 TPA Services Attachments
Contract 2011 - Corvel Healthcare Corp
Addendum 2 RFP 15-16-220
Questions for RFP15-16-220
Contact: Josephine Grosch
1.) Who is the current TPA and may I have a copy of their current contract
2.) Please provide 4 years of loss data (preferably in Excel) that breaks out Lost Time and Medical Only Claims by year along with Total Medical Paid and Total Paid Claim Amounts.
3.) Are responding TPAs required to have a claims office in Palm Beach, Martin, Broward or Miami Dade Counties?
PMA Management Corp
Contact: Ted Baldassarre
- What date does the city anticipate making an award for this RFP?
- What is the date that services will start under this new award?
- Will the award of this contract be based primarily on price/ cost?
- Has the city assigned weighting to the evaluation criteria that will be utilized in the assessment and scoring of these proposals?
- Does the city handle ( self-administer) any claims with their own internal staff?
- Please provide a copy of the city’s current contract with CorVel, including all pricing and specific fees.
- For workers’ compensation services, is the city seeking medical bill review and PPO services as part of the scope of required services?
- How much has the city paid to CorVel for each of the past 2 full annual periods both in total (for all services) and broken down by type of service (claims handling, medical bill review, PPO services, case management, all other ancillary fees, etc).
- What fee does the city pay for bill review services?
- How many medical bills were processed and paid each year for the past 3 years?
- What percentage rate of PPO savings does the city pay as a fee?
- How much has been paid by the city for nurse/case management (telephonic or field) for each of the past 3 years?
- How many claims were assigned for case management services each of the past 3 years?
- What fee is the city charged for case management services? Is it an hourly rate or some other fee type?
- Why are the TPA services out for bid at this time?
- Does the city have any concerns or issues with the service levels currently provided by the TPA?
- Are there areas of improvement that the city is looking to obtain for the future TPA contract?
- Please provide loss runs for the past 5 years in excel format.
- Please provide information on the specific numbers of open claims at the current time by line of coverage and type. For workers’ compensation please indicate the breakdown of open claims between medical only and indemnity claims.
- How many adjusters are currently assigned to handle the city’s claims? Are they dedicated to the city’s account?
- Where are the adjusters/claims office that handles the city’s account located?
- Does the city’s current TPA provide all the services required in this RFP?
- The RFP seeks handling of property claims. How many property claims does the city estimate each year? How many are currently open?
- Does the current contract have any performance guarantees in place?
- Does the city currently receive any loss prevention services from their TPA?
- Who is the city’s excess carrier?
- Does the city have a preferred type of contract pricing?
- Would the city prefer an annual fee for claims services or a per claim fee?