Annual Contract for Recycling Collection Services
Contact: Joanne Stanley
City of West Palm Beach
Contract for Recycling Collection Services
Republic Services of Florida, Limited Partnership d/b/a Republic Services of Palm Beach
1. Page 9, Section 4.4: Will the City please revise the CPI index to use the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (Water, Sewer and Trash Collection Services) U.S. City Average, as published by United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Statistics?
2. Page 10, Section 4.6; Page 11, Section 4.20: Section 4.6 states that the Contractor must respond to all City/Customer complaints within 24 hours; however, Section 4.20 states that complaints must be resolved within 24 hours. Will the City please clarify its expectations in terms of response to/resolution of complaints?
3. Page 11, Section 4.18: Will the City please revise this section to clarify that advance written notice will be provided to Contractor prior to inspections of Contractor’s facilities or equipment?
4. Page 11, Section 4.20: The administrative charges for “intermingling” are calculated on a per dwelling unit basis. Will the City please clarify how it defines “intermingling”?
5. Page 12, Sections 4.21: Given the heavy penalties for delivering mixed Recyclable Materials and causing “contamination” at a SWA facility, will the City please clarify how it defines “contamination”?
6. Page 12, Sections 4.23: Will the City please revise this section to allow Contractor to appeal the decision of the Contract Administrator?
7. Page 13, Section 4.28: Will the City please revise this section to exclude confidential or personnel records?
8. Page 13, Section 5: Given the significant capital expenditures that the Contractor will be making, will the City please revise this section to provide Contractor with written notice and a reasonable time to cure prior to termination by the City?
9. Pages 13-14, Section 6: Will the City please revise this section as follows:
a. Section 6(a): Delete the words “with bodily injury limits, which may not be subject to a self-insured retention or deductible exceeding $25,000.” This is not applicable to a substantial, publicly-traded company.
b. Section 6(c), first paragraph: Delete the last sentence of the first paragraph, beginning with “May not be subject to…” This is not applicable to a substantial, publicly-traded company.
c. Section 6(c), second paragraph: Delete subclause (b), the requirement for agents upon whom service of process may be made in Palm Beach County – this is not applicable. Revise “best’s” to read “Best’s” – this is to correct a typo.
d. Section 6(c), third paragraph: After the words “All liability insurance policies”, add the words “other than workers’ compensation” – this is to clarify that additional insured status is not applicable to the WC cover.
e. Section 6(c), third paragraph: At the end of the sentence, add the words “via blanket-form endorsement” – this is to clarify that any endorsements will be blanket-form.
10. Page 13, Section 4.26: Will the City revise this section to allow Contractor to freely assign to its subsidiaries or affiliates, and to state that the City’s consent will not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned or delayed?
11. Page 18, Section 2(e): Will the City consider please revising this section to limit disclosure of legal proceedings to those related to contracts with governmental authorities?
12. Page 24, Section 9: Will the City please revise this section to (a) clarify that inspection and audits will be at the City’s expense, (b) delete the ability to reproduce records (as it raises confidentiality issues), and (c) exclude confidential or personnel records?
13. Page 24, Section 11: Will the City please revise this section to clarify that Contractor will only be required to indemnify the City for the Contractor’s own negligence or willful misconduct?
14. Will the City please add language to permit Contractor to terminate the Agreement for the City's failure to perform or breach following written notice thereof and a reasonable/designated period of time for the City to cure failure to perform or breach?
15. What are the current recycling rates for single family and multi-family?
16. Will the city provide us with the monthly tonnage by materials for the last two years?
17. How many routes and trucks are run daily?
18. Can the City provide the size and frequency of the city owned facilities?
19. Page 6 Section H iv a. Please clarify, does the city want an actually house count of recycling set out quarterly or monthly?
20. What is required in the Annual Public Awareness Program?