Public Works Department
Director of Public Works
To provide the citizens of West Palm Beach a quality of life that promotes health, safety, and economic well-being. We provide this through the following services:
- Sanitation/Street Sweeping
- Street and Traffic Maintenance
To be the premiere Public Works Department in Palm Beach County by delivering quality, innovative and open minded services by being:
- Good stewards of the environment
- Highly focused on exceptional customer service
- Good Stewards of community resources, ensuring to provide the very best service for citizen’s tax dollars.
The City of West Palm Beach covers approximately 55 square miles and serves approximately 106,000 citizens.
provides solid waste collection services for residential and commercial clients, and street sweeping services. This includes 22,183 single family homes, 21,386 multi-family homes and 2,386 commercial accounts.
Street and Traffic Maintenance
provides many services, including street light maintenance, sidewalk maintenance, street sign maintenance, maintenance of traffic (MOT) operations, and repair of potholes and paver systems. They are responsible for maintaining 513.7 lane miles of City-owned streets, alleyways and sidewalks.