NEWS CONFERENCE: LOCAL LEADERS, STUDENTS DEMAND ACTION TO END GUN VIOLENCE
Elected officials and students will stand in solidarity with Parkland students and gun control advocates.
WHAT: In response to the tragic massacre in Parkland and in a show of solidarity with Parkland students and gun control advocates, West Palm Beach Mayor Jeri Muoio and U.S. Representative Lois Frankel-- along with elected officials, gun control advocates, and student activists from 535 Letters for Change-- will hold a press conference to demand action to end gun violence.
WHO: Confirmed attendees include:
· U.S. Rep. Lois Frankel
· Mayor Jeri Muoio, West Palm Beach
· Mayor Myra Koutzen, Palm Beach Shores
· Mayor Thomas Masters, Riviera Beach
· Chip Block, Vice Mayor, Jupiter Inlet Colony
· Councilman Keith James, West Palm Beach
· Monica K. Oberting, Manalapan Town Commissioner
· Jan Rodusky, Councilwoman, Village of Royal Palm Beach
· Elvadianne Culbertson, Councilwoman, South Palm Beach
· Julie Araskog, Palm Beach Town Council Member
· Richard C. Radcliffe, Executive Director, the Palm Beach County League of Cities Inc.
· Mitchell Pinsky, Drew Pinsky and other student founders of 535 Letters for Change
· Angela Williams, Mothers Against Murderers Assoc.
· West Palm Beach Police Chief Sarah Mooney
· Asst. Chief Brent Bloomfield, West Palm Beach Fire Rescue
WHEN: Tuesday, February 20, 2019; 3pm
WHERE: West Palm Beach City Hall Courtyard; 401 Clematis Street, West Palm Beach