ROAD & DOCK CLOSURES UPDATE: WEEK OF DECEMBER 2, 2018
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH CLOSURES
- Spruce Ave. between 27th and 28th St. (through Friday, December 7th, 2018): East side of Spruce Ave. will be closed for curb, sidewalk and driveway replacement. Flaggers will assist motorists within the work zone.
- Gregory Rd. (100 & 200 block through mid-December) for road improvements. Slower traffic in construction areas. Gregory Rd. remains accessible.
- Flagler Dr. sidewalk from south of Greenwood Dr. to Monroe Dr. (until further notice): East sidewalk near seawall closed for safety repairs. Flagler Dr. west side sidewalk between Greenwood Dr. and Monroe Dr. remains accessible.
- Hampton Rd. between Merrill Ave. and Parker Ave. (through May 2019) is closed from Merrill Ave. to Parker Ave. for installation of new wastewater system and pavement restoration.
- Cumberland Dr. between Military Tr. and Village Blvd. (through January 2019): Reduced speeds on the eastbound and westbound lanes for a road beautification and safety project. Flaggers will assist motorists. Paving overlay continues through December.
- Georgia Ave. between Briggs St. and Dobbins St. (until further notice): Closed for road improvements. Local traffic only. Eastbound traffic on Briggs St. may turn right only at Georgia Ave.
- Palm Beach Marathon (Sunday, December 2, 2018, 5:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.): Road closures at Flagler Dr. between 59th St. and N. Quadrille Blvd.; Quadrille Blvd. between N. Dixie Hwy. and Lakeview Ave.; S. Olive Ave. between Quadrille Blvd. and Lakeview Ave.; Flagler Dr. between Banyan Blvd. and Lakeview Dr.
- Clematis by Night (December 6, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.): Road closures at Clematis St. between Narcissus St. and Banyan Blvd., Flagler Dr. between Banyan Blvd. and Lakeview Ave.
CLOSURES, REPAIRS FOR CURRIE PARK BOAT RAMPS
- GreenMarket (Saturday, December 8, 2018, 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.): Road closures on Clematis St. between Narcissus Ave. and Flagler Dr.; Narcissus Ave. between Banyan Blvd. and Clematis St.; Lantana Ave. between Banyan Blvd. and Clematis St.
- 300 block of Clematis St. (Saturday, December 8, 2018, 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.): Closed for West Palm Beach Antique Flea & Craft Market.
CITYPLACE ROAD CLOSURES
- Full closure: All Currie Park boat ramps at 2400 Flagler Drive are closed for repairs. Reopening date rescheduled for Spring 2019. Ramps will not be accessible during the construction period. Currie Park will remain open from sunrise to sunset
- Rosemary Ave. between Okeechobee Blvd. and Hibiscus St. (through Friday, April 12, 2019):
Full closure by CityPlace for CityPlace streetscape improvements. Access to all parking garages will be maintained. Pedestrian traffic will be unaffected.
PALM BEACH COUNTY (PBC) ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Hibiscus St. between Rosemary Ave. and Quadrille Blvd. (through Saturday, February 23, 2019): Full closure by CityPlace for CityPlace streetscape improvements. Access to all parking garages from Quadrille Blvd. will be maintained. Pedestrian traffic will be unaffected.
- For more information: https://www.futureofcityplace.com/.
- Church St./Old Okeechobee Rd. from Okeechobee Blvd. to N. Florida Mango Rd. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for pavement markings.
- Australian Ave. and Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. (until further notice): Intersection improvements. Periodic lane closures.
- Jog Rd. north of 45th St. and west of Florida’s Turnpike (until further notice): Periodic
Southbound lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for FPL pole replacement.
- Roebuck Rd. from Jog Rd. to Haverhill Rd. (periodic alternate lane closures until further notice):
Flaggers will assist motorists in construction areas.
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- For more information, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works: (561) 684-4000 or
- Flagler Memorial Bridge between City of West Palm Beach and Town of Palm Beach (through January 2019) will have the outside eastbound lane and the south sidewalk closed, 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mondays only for handrail replacement.
- Okeechobee Blvd. from Rosemary Ave. to Alabama Ave. (through Friday, December 7, 2018) will have one lane and/or turn lane closed in each direction, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for lighting replacement at Restoration Hardware.
- Okeechobee Blvd, from N. Florida Mango Rd. to Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. (through December) will have one westbound lane and sidewalk closed, 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for directional boring operations.
- US 1/S. Dixie Hwy. from Cranesnest Way to Jefferson Rd. (through Friday, December 14, 2018) may have intermittent northbound lane and shoulder closures, daily 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., and nightly, 7:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m., Sunday night through Friday, for water main removal, drainage and curb installation, and paving operations.
City of West Palm Beach Road and Dock Closure Updates are issued weekly by the City and may be viewed online at http://wpb.org/News-Video/Road-Closure-Updates