ROAD & DOCK CLOSURES UPDATE: WEEK OF JULY 29, 2018
City of West Palm Beach road and dock closure updates are issued weekly by the City.
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH CLOSURES
- Clematis Streetscape Project (through October): 300 block of Clematis St. between S. Olive Ave. and S. Dixie Hwy. is closed to road traffic during construction. Pedestrian traffic will remain unaffected, and businesses will remain open.
- Georgia Ave (until further notice): Partial closures between Dobbins St. and Nottingham Blvd. for stormwater improvements. One lane northbound is open to traffic. Southbound traffic is detoured to Nottingham Blvd., Lake Ave. or Bradley St.
- Briggs and Dobbins Streets (until further notice): closed to local traffic between Garden Ave. and Georgia Ave. for stormwater improvements. Eastbound traffic on Briggs St. may turn right only at Georgia Ave. On-street parking is prohibited in the work zone.
CLOSURES, REPAIRS FOR CURRIE PARK BOAT RAMPS
- Clematis by Night (Aug 2, 2018 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.) Road closures on N. & S. Clematis St. between Narcissus Ave. and Flagler Dr., and Narcissus Ave. between N. Clematis St. and Banyan Blvd.
PBC ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Full closure: All Currie Park boat ramps at 2400 Flagler Drive are closed for repairs. Ramps will not be accessible during the construction period of up to 45 days. Currie Park will remain open from sunrise to sunset.
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Jog Rd. (periodic southbound left turn lane closures until further notice). Median landscaping and irrigation installation on Jog Rd. approximately 970 feet north of Ironhorse Blvd., to approximately 360 feet south of Beeline Highway.
- Congress Ave. just north of Okeechobee Blvd. to Spencer Dr. (through Aug 5, 2018): the outside eastbound lane will be closed 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for turn lane, sidewalk, and striping installation.
- N. Congress Ave. north of Presidential Way to Embassy Dr. (periodic northbound and southbound lane closures until further notice) for water main, driveway and median installation.
- Roebuck Rd. (periodic westbound daytime lane closures until further notice): FPL pole installation east of Easley Dr. to Haverhill Rd. Westbound traffic will be shifted into one of the eastbound left turn lanes at the intersection of Haverhill Rd.
- Haverhill Rd. north of Roebuck Rd. (periodic northbound lanes closures until further notice). FPL pole replacement.
- Australian Blvd. just south of 25th St. (periodic northbound and southbound lane closures until further notice) for utility work.
- For more information, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works: (561) 684-4000 or http://discover.pbcgov.org/.
- Okeechobee Blvd. at Quadrille Blvd. (July 31 through August 8, 2018) One eastbound outside lane closed 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for underground conduit operations.
- Military Tr. (through Friday, September 28, 2018) will have the outside northbound lane between 45th Street and Shiloh Dr. closed, 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for FPL pole replacement
- Southern Blvd. (through July 31, 2018) will have one westbound outside lane and sidewalk closed, 9:00 a.m.* until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, between Paseo Alcala and Merrill Ave.
- Upthegrove Lane (through Aug 3, 2018) will have the northbound outside lane closed, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for curb installation and paving operations.
- For more information, contact FDOT: (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/
City of West Palm Beach road and dock closure updates are issued weekly by the City and may be viewed online at http://wpb.org/News-Video/Road-Closure-Updates