Village residents participated in a November 2017 community meeting where the city presented plans to remove the Australian Pines and replace them with low maintenance, native tree species and sustainable landscape. The goal of the replacement plantings is to provide maximum screening along Village Boulevard and Brandywine Road from I-95 traffic. The City Commission has since approved the landscape plan and project funding.
On Monday April 2, 2018
the City’s contractor, VisualScape, will begin mobilizing on-site. The work will progress in three phases from Site A, to Site B, to Site C (see map below):
- Phase 1 – Australian Pines removal
- Phase 2 – Installation of new landscape
- Phase 3 – Landscape establishment and maintenance period (6 months).
It is anticipated that phases one and two will be completed on or before July 13, 2018. During the construction period, we will work to ensure minimal impact to residents. While you may see an increased presence of construction vehicles, two-way traffic and access to driveways will be maintained. Emergency services will remain intact, and garbage collection and mail delivery will not be interrupted. Prior to leaving the construction zone each day, the contractor will secure the work areas with a safety fence, devices and/or other safety precautions. Please exercise caution while traveling through the area.
For general questions regarding the project, please contact (561) 494-1040 or email@example.com. Should your inquiry require immediate attention, please contact the following individuals:
- CONTRACTOR’S 24-HOUR CONTACT: Adrian Rivero, Superintendent; 786-367-4686.
- CITY OF WPB FIELD REPRESENTATIVES: Don Frey, CWPB Construction Coordinator; 561-358-2040.
- CITY OF WPB 24-HOUR HOTLINE: 561-822-2222.