- Perform audits and provide other services to help the City achieve the highest effectiveness and efficiency with integrity.
- Promote compliance with laws, regulations, policies, procedures, rules, and agreements through reviews and analyses of the City’s services and activities.
Organizational (City Related):
- Promote adequate systems of internal control.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Advance contract compliance.
- Optimize value received from City resources.
- Increase awareness and understanding of emerging issues.Functional (Internal Audit Specific):
- Expand staff knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Stay current on issues and trends affecting governments.
- Increase audit efficiency.
- Increase audit effectiveness.
- Provide customer valued audit and consulting services.
- Meet government auditing standards.
CITY STRATEGIC GOALS
- The above goal and objectives will support the following Strategic Goals of the City:
- Enhance Fiscal Stability Without Sacrificing Quality of Services
- Provide Required and Expected Services with Responsiveness to Customer Needs
- Develop an Organizational Culture to Attract, Retain and Motivate Employees