If you’re wanting to do your part to protect the environment, you can pitch in by saving energy. When we cut our energy use, good things happen: you help the environment by reducing harmful emissions and you save money on your electric bill.
Here are the top ten ways you can save energy in your home.
The tips are provided by Florida Power and Light:
- Cool your home to 78 degrees or higher with the thermostat set on auto
- Heat your home at 68 degrees or lower with the thermostat set at auto
- Install a programmable thermostat to maximize savings
- Clean or replace your AC filter monthly
- Turn off ceiling fans when you leave the room
- Avoid pre-rinsing dishes before putting in dishwasher
- Limit the time you run your pool pump
- Adjust the water level on your washing machine to match the load size, and always wash in cold water
- Clean the lint filter in your dryer before each load
- Use the auto sensor on your dryer to avoid over-drying clothes.
Follow these quick and easy steps to help save the environment and cut your bill.
We’ll have more money saving tips in upcoming editions of CityConnect!