What: Northwood Village Art & Wine Promenade and 5 exciting celebrations
When: Friday, April 23rd, 2010 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (New extended hours)
Where: 400 – 500 blocks of Northwood Road in Northwood Village
Who: Produced by the West Palm Beach CRA and Northwood Village Merchants
This month’s Art & Wine Promenade features new and exciting additions! First, we extended the hours to 10:00 p.m. – more to see and do with more time to enjoy Northwood Village. The event features 17 participating shops where you can enjoy a complimentary wine sampling of 17 different wines and 5 shops will host the first ever Village Gallery show. Regional artists will display their works in each of the 5 shops creating an alternative style show designed to engage and delight visitors in multiple locations. While strolling, visitors will enjoy live performances all evening in 4 locations by Tommy, Davis & Dow, Blues Dragon and the Motown cover R&B band Memory Lane. And, while you get to know the real faces and real places of Northwood Village, get to know your own artistic side. Express your creativity by painting on the community mural with local artist David Alfonsetti and discover the art of mosaics at Northwood Glass Art & Gifts by placing tiles on the Northwood Village Commuinty Mosaic Project.
As for celebrations, Northwood Village is certainly the place to be on the 23rd:
1. The Grand Opening of “Relish” at the northwest corner of Northwood Road and North Dixie Highway. A cool new restaurant offering mini-burgers dressed in 13 relish varieties, freshly made milkshakes and fries and loads of relaxed, refreshing atmosphere.
2. The launch party for Loreal’s new green product line, Serie Natural at thedavidKspace at 2401 North Dixie Highway. Parties at thedavidKspace are in the “not-to-be-missed” category.
3. The grand re-opening of Something Lively featuring a book signing event with special guest, celebrity interior designer and author, Carleton Varney. Mr. Varney’s new book, “Houses in My Heart” will be available for purchase during this very special evening.
4. The 1 year anniversary celebration of This Is It Cafe – the friendly, authentic neighborhood diner. Memory Lane will be performing at this special event.
5. The new grassroots organization, Northwood GREENLife’s Earth Day Celebration. Northwood GREENLife will feature several films, including “The Story of Stuff” throughout the evening and will host a kids t-shirt painting activity. Learn how you and your family can make a difference.