Friday, March 30, 2012, 11:00 a.m.
Where: Flagler Gallery, City Hall
West Palm Beach Mayor Jeri Muoio hosted a press conference in the Flagler Gallery of City Hall at 11:00 a.m. this morning and announced the upcoming arrangements for services for Commissioner Bill Moss:
- The report from the medical examiner has come in and they have determined that the cause of death was a heart attack. Commissioner Bill Moss died of natural causes.
- A funeral will take place on this Sunday, April 1 at 10:00 a.m. at Mizell-Faville-Zern Funeral Home, which is located on Parker Avenue. Due to space limitations, the family is asking that the funeral be limited to family, friends and those that knew Commissioner Bill Moss personally. There will be no media allowed inside the funeral to respect their privacy.
- Also, next Tuesday, April 3rd, there will be a public memorial event in the City Hall Courtyard at 9:00 a.m. The public and all those that wish to share their respects are welcome to attend the event. This event is a celebration of the life of Commissioner Bill Moss and to share your respects with his family. Press is asked to park on Clematis Street near the library. Dixie from Banyan to Datura will be closed at 8:00 a.m. as well as the 400 Block of Clematis. There will be free parking in the City Center Parking Facility from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.; Entry and exit from the garage is off of Banyan Blvd. A Trolley shuttle will be available for overflow parking form the City Police Garage located at 600 Clematis St. Oversized vehicles are asked to park at the Old City Hall parking lot.
- Finally, many have asked what they can do to help. As many of you know Commissioner Bill Moss loved animals and was a pet owner himself. The family is asking that in lieu of flowers or gifts that his friends make donations to the Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary. They are Southeast Florida’s only “no-kill” animal sanctuary. A tax free donation can be made online at SafeHarborRescue.com.
- A memorial fund is also being set up and will be used to help to collect funds for the Animal Sanctuary and we will be getting more details to everyone about the fund very soon.