On Your Mark…Get Set…The Marathon is This Weekend! What You Need To Know:
December 3, 2013
(West Palm Beach, FL) - The Palm Beaches Marathon and Run Fest presented by Publix will return December 6-8 with its usual series of running events, an Expo and fun innovations such as a Friday 5K / 10K, a simultaneous half marathon on Sunday, wacky water stations and a post-race downtown party at Waterfront Commons Park.
More than 5,000 runners are expected to participate in the weekend events. The Marathon and Half Marathon will begin at 6:30 a.m. on Sunday December 8 as the runners take in miles of spectacular waterfront views along their path through the city of West Palm Beach and Lake Worth.
The following road closures will take place Friday, December 6th and Sunday, December 8th 2013 for the Palm Beaches Marathon & Run Fest.
The Friday night 5K/10K will begin at 6:00pm in front of the Waterfront Commons area and proceed down S Flagler as far south as Barcelona Road.
On Sunday, the marathon and half marathon will begin at 6:30am traveling north up to 58th Street and as far south as Gregory Road and then into Lake Worth.
Once into Lake Worth runner will head south to turn around at 10th Ave S. On Sunday, all participants are estimated to be off the course by 1:30pm for the reopening of the roads, however, some of the roadways will be clear before then due to the rolling reopening procedures.
Road Closures on Friday for the City of West Palm Beach from 6:00pm- 8:00pm:
- S Flagler Drive between 2nd Street & Barcelona Road
- N Clematis Street between N Narcissus Ave & S Flagler Drive
Road Closures on Sunday for the City of West Palm Beach from 6:30am- 1:30pm:
- 56th & 57th Street between N Flagler Dr & Spruce Street
- Poinsettia Ave & Spruce Street between 35th Street & 26th Street
- N Flagler Drive between 57th Street & Banyan Blvd
- 29th & 27th Street between N Flagler Drive and Poinsettia Ave
- S Flagler Drive between Banyan Blvd & Dyer Road
- Washington Road between Monceaux Road & Greenwood Drive
- S Flagler Drive between Greenwood Drive & Gregory Road
- Gregory Road & E Lakewood Road between S Flagler Drive & S Olive Ave
- S Olive Ave between E Lakewood Road & Diana Place
- Diana Place between S Olive Ave & S Flagler Drive