Hi Birdie: Join the City of West Palm Beach for (sustainable!) fun in the sun! Read our invitation here!
Based on your recent METRO interview discussing your plans with the de Blasio administration, we would like to invite you to experience the sunnier side of life. The City of West Palm Beach is seeking a sustainability mascot – one that can make us even greener and greater like you do for NYC – so we would be delighted to have you fly over and visit our sustainability team.
Like many other New Yorkers who now call our city home, we are confident you will quickly see why many forgo their snowbird lifestyle in exchange for living here year-round. Here are the top five reasons you should visit West Palm Beach:
1. Lots of sunshine means more solar energy opportunities (and cool sunglasses!)
2. Paddle boarding would be your new form of alternative transportation
3. Our wetland and water supply Grassy Waters is excellent for bird baths (ok, just watch out for gators!).
4. Trade in the wool hat and scarf for a swimsuit
5. Hang out with your fellow snowbirds every winter
We look forward to welcoming you with open arms, and via an environmentally friendly mode of transport!
Office of Sustainability
City of West Palm Beach