10/21/13 – City Imposes Curfew and Cracks Down on Safety Risks for MoonFest
Parking info also included below
October 21, 2013
(West Palm Beach, FL) – The City of West Palm Beach will be imposing an early curfew on teenagers and enforcing strict safety regulations for this year’s MoonFest event downtown on October 26th.
West Palm Beach Police Captain Tony Spatara went over the rules:
1) MoonFest is a gated, age 21 and over event.
2) All visitors will be required to produce proof of age, and will receive a wristband to access the event.
3) The city will be enforcing a 9:00pm curfew on October 26th for anyone under the age of 18 not accompanied by an adult.
Anyone found in violation of the curfew will be taken to an area on the corner of Fern St. and Rosemary Avenue and required to stay there until an adult picks them up.
4) The following items will not be allowed inside the gates:
-Purses over 12 x 12 x 6
-Weapons of ANY kind (even if they are not real and part of your costume)
5) Finally, since MoonFest is an adult event serving alcohol, the city urges everyone attending to select a designed driver to ensure a safe trip home.
City parking garages will be open for the event.
They include 2,800 available spaces.
Parking will be $10….cash only upon entrance.
There is no tailgating, drinking or organized activity permitted in the garages.