The City "rolls out the red carpet" to welcome our newest team members.
As a new City employee, you will attend CitySTART Employee Orientation at City Hall to learn our culture, policies, procedures, benefits, training opportunities, and more. In addition, your orientation experience will continue at your department where you will receive a tour, meet your co-workers, learn about your job, and more.
Please read the various items below before your first day of employee orientation.
Check your offer letter to see if any of the following apply to you:
- Civil Service Rules and Regulations (Effective March 30, 2015)
- IAFF – Association of Fire Fighters (Oct 1, 2015 – Sept 30, 2018)
- IAFF – Battalion Chief Unit (Oct 1, 2015 – Sept 30, 2018)
- PBA – Police Benevolent Association (Oct 1, 2015 – Sept 30, 2018)
- PMSA – Professional Managers & Supervisors Association (Oct 1, 2014 – Sept 30, 2017)
- SEIU – Service Employees International Union (Oct 1, 2014 – Sept 30, 2017)
Our Orientation at City Hall is green! During your Orientation, you will be using a computer to view materials and information. This not only reduces paper usage, it also creates an opportunity for you to frequently access the same website to review the information.
Please click the below links to view Orientation materials & information:
On the job:
Keeping track of your time: