- How do I apply for a position at the City of West Palm Beach?
You must register in the City’s iRecruitment site in order to apply for a job.
- Click on the “Register Today” button.
- Register with your complete email address and create a password.
- What is the job application process?
- Fill out the electronic application
- Apply for a job
- Once your application is submitted you will be able to verify submission by clicking the Home tab. The Home tab shows the jobs you have applied for.
- Who can I speak with to check on the status of my application?
If you applied on line you can check the status of your application in the system. If you submitted a paper application, you will get a letter to confirm we received your application.
- Once I have submitted my application, when will I be contacted?
Only those candidates to be considered further in the recruitment process will be contacted.
- Can I fill out a paper application instead of the on-line application?
No, the City of West Palm Beach only accepts on-line applications.
- Do I always have to Register to complete the on-line application?
No, you only need to register once. You do need to log into the system each time you want to view or apply for jobs, or make updates to your application.
- What do I click on if I can not remember if I have ever applied to the City of West Palm Beach?
Use the On-line Job Application Access page to submit a password request.If you have applied in the past, you will receive a password reset. If you have not applied, you will receive confirmation to create a password.
- Can I delete old jobs from my “jobs applied for” page?
No, the jobs you have applied for are part of the Human Resources Department records.
- What do I put in for the end date of my current job?
If you do not have a future end date for your current job simply leave the field blank.
- My spouse and I share an email account and he/she is already registered in iRecruitment, can I use the same email account?
No, each email account must be unique to the person.
- Can I submit one application for more than one position?
You must submit an application for each position you apply for.
- Can I submit an application before the job is open?
Applications are only accepted for open jobs that are currently posted in iRecruitment.
- If I do not have a personal computer at home, where can I apply?
You may use a computer at the West Palm Beach Library or visit the Department of Human Resources located at West Palm Beach City Center: 401 Clematis Street, 3rd Floor, West Palm Beach, FL 33401.
- Do I have to register to view job postings?
No, you can view job postings using the “Job Search” on the Home Page. You can search using keywords eg., Inspector, or by Date posted. If you want to search on multiple keywords use OR, eg., Inspector OR Planner. You will be prompted to login/register only when applying for a job.