If you are looking to work in an environment where your skills and abilities can be utilized and challenged, where you can contribute to moving the business forward and where you can make a difference every day, then we want to hear from you. Be a part of our success.
To access the current job openings, you must select one of the statements below that best describes you.
- I am a new candidate. I have not worked at the City; or already registered in the system.
- I have worked for the City of West Palm Beach in the past.
- I am currently employed by the City of West Palm Beach.
- The City of West Palm Beach will be accepting applications for the position of Police Officer (Non-Certified) beginning February 1, 2015 and closing February 27, 2015. All applicants must be currently attending or accepted in a State of Florida Criminal Justice Basic Recruit Training Program. It is REQUIRED that you review the requirements for Police Officer (Non-Certified) and complete the Police Officer supplemental application. If you do not complete and attach all required documents as part of your online application, your application will be automatically disqualified.
For any questions please contact Human Resources at 561-494-1000.
Police Application Class – How to apply
Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach
February 6 and February 20, 2015
9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Resume format: Use .txt, .doc, .pdf, or .rft for the best results when uploading resumes. If you are using Word 2007 to produce your resume or cover letter, please save your document as a 1999 – 2003 Word Doc before uploading into the City’s online recruiting system.
If you have many documents or large documents, please compress them before you upload them to iRecruitment. You can use this Free PDF Compressor.
- The City of West Palm Beach Human Resources Department complies with the United States Department of Homeland Security (U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services) to verify the employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.The City will provide Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. The City maintains full compliance with all regulations set forth by the law and will utilize E-Verify to assist in ensuring a legal workforce.
- E-Verify Participation (in English)
- Participación E-Verify (en Español)
iRecruitment Helpful Hints
- You can browse jobs as a guest but to apply for a job you must register or login with a valid email and password.
- Supported Web Browsers:
The only browsers certified by Oracle as compatible with iRecruitment application are;
Internet Explorer 8 or later* *Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher users who are having difficulty accessing iRecruitment should disable their add-on’s.
Firefox 2 or later
- Unsupported Browser:
AOL Web Browser: The iRecruitment site will not work properly in an America Online (AOL) environment. You may also experience problems with other browsers, such as early versions of Mozilla and Firefox.
Safari – Mac/Windows Users
- “The page cannot be displayed” Error: There is heavy traffic on the Internet and you can not get through the City’s website. Please try later.
- Don’t click on the back button: This will distort the information we receive from you and cause errors. If this occurs, please re-log into the iRecruitment site and start again.
- User ID and Password: Make sure there are no extra spaces at the end of your User ID and Password.
- Forgot Your Password? Request a new password by clicking “Did You Forget Your Password?” in the Login window, but do not click more than once. If you do not receive your new password via email within 24 hours, send an email to email@example.com
- Did you receive an Error Message? For security reasons iRecruitment will “time out” your session. To prevent loss of data entered, your information must be submitted or saved quickly before a “time out” occurs. When registering for the first time skip the Employment History, Skills, Education, etc to avoid a “time out”. Once you finish registration, return to the home screen and you can add more information. Select My Account or Manage My Account to add more information.
- Problems using Internet Explorer: Try deleting the temporary internet files that build up on your PC. Go to Tools, on the top of your browser and click Internet Options…Click on Delete files…(No need to delete Cookies or other passwords or settings).