Construction Services Customer Service Associate
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Greets the public; answers, screens, directs or refers incoming telephone calls, mail and visitors to the correct person.
- Documents and routes citizen requests and complaints to appropriate person and follows up as necessary to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Works with existing filing and data retrieval systems to retrieve, record, and provide information as requested by both internal and external customers.
- Receives and processes registrations, business tax, and permit applications and revisions.
- Performs clerical data entry as required for applications, revisions, and fee entries related to applications processed.
- Prepares and prints business tax receipts, certificates of use, permits and other documents requested by customers of the Construction Services Department as appropriate.
- Maintains and updates records related to the various services provided by the Department
- Requires exceptional customer service skill, ability, and willingness to take responsibility for the customer in order to ensure satisfactory outcomes.
- Knowledge and skill in use of common office equipment including but not limited to computers, computer applications, fax machines, copiers and specialized software including data entry, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Requires ability to enter the necessary data quickly and accurately using a keyboard, mouse, and a personal computer.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple tasks in order to achieve desired objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with both internal and external customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and three (3) years of clerical or office experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Some positions may require: A valid Florida driver’s license and State of Florida Notary Public. A valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized upon application; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license within 30 days from day of appointment.
Last revision date: August 2010