Customer Relations Specialist – Non Represented
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Answers incoming telephone calls. Enters consumer concerns and requests into computer.
- Researches and responds to citizen requests for information or service.
- Facilitates response to emergency and critical matters as reported.
- Completes all forms and paperwork concerning service calls. Calls in work orders as needed. Processes and sends out follow up cards to customers. Follows up daily with citizens and department heads.
- Keeps tracking log of all requests for information or service.
- Maintains accurate files and records.
- Orders and maintains necessary office supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of City and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of proper Business English, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Skills in customer service, human relations, and communications.
- Skills in typing and/or word processing, recordkeeping and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle special projects of diverse nature as assigned.
- Ability to interface effectively with the general public to solve customer concerns.
- Ability to organize work and to determine priorities.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and other employees in all departments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a related field required, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: July 2003