Housing Development Program Coordinator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Administers City’s affordable homebuyers programs.
- Designs and implements residential mortgage loan underwriting criteria and loan packaging procedures.
- Develops marketing and promotional strategies and programs in conjunction with participating non-profit providers and targeted neighborhood committees.
- Manages agreements with lenders and non-profit corporations which includes ensuring compliance with agreement terms and monitoring lender performance.
- Reviews all monetary legal contracts, revisions, promissory notes, legal opinions, etc. to resolve issues and ensure full compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Provides technical assistance to staff members working under federal programs for the acquisition, rehabilitation or new housing construction.
- Performs statistical analysis of informational data to ensure project performance and proposed financing structures for larger scale developments requesting City participation of assistance.
- Knowledge of City, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines related to real estate, banking, mortgaging, and residential housing assistance programs.
- Knowledge of real estate and mortgaging methods, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial methods, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of public relations/customer service practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing methods, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals utilized in accounting and tracking of financial data.
- Knowledge of file management/record keeping methods, practices and procedures.
- Skill in reviewing financial and legal documents to ensure compliance with mortgage, real estate, and housing rehabilitation granting requirements.
- Skill in negotiating contracts, and reaching consensus wide a wide variety of public and private entities and individuals.
- Skill in assigning, reviewing and evaluating work.
- Skill in utilizing written and verbal communication in the development of reports and presentations.
- Skill in analyzing statistical financial data.
- Skill in developing and maintaining databases, legal documents and public records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field and three (3) years of experience in mortgage banking or financial management, or any equivalent combination of training and experience is required. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: April 2008