Housing Finance Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Oversees the application process for all housing programs.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations relevant to the City’s housing development projects and activities under the federal and state entitlement grant programs and discretionary grant programs in which it participates.
- Responsible for final underwriting pre-approval analysis for multifamily applications and final approval of residential underwriting and income certifications.
- Acts as the State Housing Initiatives program Administrator for the Department of Housing and Community Development.
- Reviews upcoming tax deed auctions and foreclosures sales for real estate opportunities.
- Maintains a database/listing of City owned real estate for housing.
- Responsible for the acquisitions and selling of real estate in support of affordable housing requests/offers.
- Assists in responding to special requests from HUD, the State, City Administration, other departments and HCD assignments as needed, including preparation of agenda items, responding to audit findings and responding to public information requests.
- Administers and monitors existing multifamily and residential projects and loans.
- Trains and develops assigned staff to meet current and future needs of the department, comply with regulations, policies and procedures and build effective work methods to meet performance objectives.
- Responsible for determining eligibility of proposed projects and activities, including housing rehabilitation and new construction, with regulations established for the federal and state programs in which the City participates, ensure compliance with regulations and prepare required progress reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of state and federal housing programs; Florida Real Estate Industry practices, federal and state statutes regarding housing and real estate.
- Knowledge of real estate techniques and the housing market.
- Knowledge of management, administrative, and supervisory methods, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of general office machines, computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Skill in supervising, evaluating, training and motivating employees.
- Skills in housing project finance and development and mortgage loan administration.
- Skill in utilizing verbal and written communication in the development of presentations, management or regulatory agency reports, contracts and requests for proposals, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, or related field and five (5) years experience in real estate lending and loan administration and underwriting, including two (2) years direct supervision, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid state of Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: April 2008