Housing Loan Specialist
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Intakes and processes residential loan applications. Assists clients in completion of housing assistance applications.
- Prepares preliminary residential loan packages, title research and legal documents for loan closings.
- Counsels applicants as to their credit worthiness.
- Reviews HUD statements, calculates closing costs, and prepares invoice for payment.
- Prepares and conducts Homebuyers seminars.
- Coordinates with private inspectors for home inspections prior to closing.
- Provides counseling to mortgagees in terms of delinquency and default, and refers mortgagees to agencies for assistance in remedying financial problems.
- Packages loan applications and submit to lenders for underwriting.
- Gathers statistical and demographic data for reporting purposes.
- Tracks and monitors program activities and client demographics.
- Knowledge of City, Federal and State laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances related to loan application, processing, awarding, under grant guidelines.
- Knowledge of local lender criteria, real estate practices, principles and laws.
- Knowledge of public and private programs and agencies that render housing assistance.
- Knowledge of loans processing methods, practices, and procedures.
- Skill in maintaining and analyzing statistical information.
- Skills in record keeping.
- Skills in working with the private sector and volunteer groups, housing assistance programs, and low and moderate-income clientele dynamics.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to assign, schedule, prepare, and review real property documents.
- Ability to operate personal computer and related software.
- Ability to interact with individuals from all socio-economic groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, peers, and the public.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma and four (4) years of loan processing and origination in a financial lending institution, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last Revision Date: October 2001