Administrative Assistant – Non
SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, performs high level secretarial and administrative assistance of a confidential nature for a Department Director or Division Manager; ensures flow of accurate information in a timely efficient manner; and performs related duties as assigned.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Performs variety of routine and complex secretarial duties.
- Maintains confidential records and reports for department.
- Maintains schedules and completes travel arrangements for department heads.
- Maintains, tracks and processes invoices and budgetary expenditures.
- Responds to, records and/or routes incoming telephone calls, e-mails, or walk-ins.
- Establishes and maintains records and files.
- Responds to inquiries and requests.
- Dictation and transcription of staff meeting minutes.
- May supervise staff or serve in a lead capacity.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work involves sedentary to light work in an office setting. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, site, lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform similar other actions during the course of the workday. The City of West Palm Beach promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s degree from an accredited technical school or college with a major in Business Administration and four (4) years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience required. Some positions may require the following: A valid Florida driver’s license.
Last revision date: October 2001