ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Researches and prepares planning-related reports, documents and agenda for City of West Palm Beach officials and other agencies and organizations.
- Reviews major and minor planned development amendments that are minor in nature.
- Assists in rezoning requests, land use plan amendments and abandonment of easements.
- Responds to planning-related inquiries from the general public and other agencies and organizations.
- Evaluates amendments for code compliance and prepares maps and graphics presentations for the department.
- Performs fieldwork and research for both current planning and comprehensive planning.
- Assists in reviewing and making recommendations for building permit applications and occupational licenses.
- Collects and analyzes data, conducts site visits as needed and assists planners with special projects as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of comprehensive, land use and transportation planning principles.
- Basic knowledge of urban design, state planning laws and applicable Federal regulations.
- Knowledge of zoning.
- Skill in operating computers and blueprints machines.
- Skill in research and technical analysis of planning-related information.
- Ability to organize and analyze technical information.
- Knowledge of site plan review.
- Ability to make sound assessments and recommendations based on research.
- Ability to communicate effectively, graphically, orally and in writing.
- Ability to make effective public presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED, and at least two (2) years of training and zoning/planning related experience required. A valid Florida’s driver’s license is required.
Last Revision Date: October 2001