Business Tax Inspector
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Performs field visits of businesses that are required to have a Business Tax Receipt to insure compliance; verifies the Business Tax Receipt is posted, information is current and correct and that the business tax category is correct for the type of business being conducted at the location.
- Answers questions in person regarding the Business Tax Ordinance, explains the ordinance and distributes appropriate forms to non-compliant businesses.
- Documents daily visits along with the action taken.
- Verifies inventory of wholesale/retail businesses when required.
- Re-inspects businesses to insure continued compliance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the Business Tax Ordinance and other regulations applicable to area of assignment.
- Knowledge of Florida State Statute 203 related to business tax.
- Skill in providing good customer service.
- Skill in the use of a variety of office equipment including personal computers and related software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and two (2) years business experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: October 2007