Chief Operator (Waste Water)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Supervises the daily operation and maintenance of the Wastewater Plant.
- Formulates process control strategies
- Maintains all administrative and regulatory records and reports.
- Reviews plans for plant upgrades, meets with consultants and contractors.
- Trains or ensures training and updating of skills for all the Wastewater Plant employees.
- Responds to requests, inquiries and complaints.
- Prepares and monitors the Wastewater Plant budget and develops capital projects plan.
- Gives monthly presentations to ECR Entity Board.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of City, federal and state laws, statutes, rules, regulations, and ordinances related to operations of wastewater plants.
- Knowledge of wastewater processing plant operation, maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of supervision and administrative practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget preparation, monitoring and administration.
- Skill in assigning, reviewing and evaluating work.
- Skill in analyzing technical data and troubleshooting problems.
- Skill in detecting mechanical and operational problems.
- Ability to utilize effective written and verbal communication for presentations, training, and consensus building.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Last revision date: October 2001