101113Set by Commission
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Oversees the general operating budget, utilities fund, internal services funds, and various capital funds.
- Oversees the work of all City employees and independent contractors.
- Directs and manages the functions and activities of ten (10) full service departments including police, fire, public utilities, recreation, library, human resources, support services, finance, planning, zoning & building, economic and community development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of City, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances pertaining to the finance, organization and operation of a city government.
- Knowledge of management and administration practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget development, monitoring and administration practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of public relations and customer service practices and procedures.
- Skill in motivating and developing team building within diverse departments.
- Skill in utilizing written and oral communication in developing management level reports and presentations.
- Skill in developing and implementing programs, policies and procedures.
- Skill in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Skill in assigning, delegating, reviewing and evaluating work.
- Ability to build consensus and function as a leader in our continuing process of business, service, and organizational transformation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field, and a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible managerial, budget, and finance experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Related Master’s degree and public sector experience preferred. A valid Florida Driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: October 2002