Community Events Assistant
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Set-up and breakdown site at beginning and end of event that may include decorations/lighting.
- Provides information to the public through staffing the information booth.
- Staffs the refreshment booth, which includes making cash transactions for sale of refreshments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of set-up and breakdown of community events.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to work with community organizations and volunteers.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED. No experience necessary. A valid Florida driver’s license is required, or ability to obtain one upon employment.
Last revision date: October 2001