ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Compiles and distributes documents relating to project bidding process including invitations to bid, contract specifications and addenda.
- Reviews bids for completeness, compliance with submission requirements, mathematical accuracy and required insurance coverage and bonding.
- Prepares bid tabulations, M/WBE reports, notices of award and contract documents and schedules meetings.
- Compiles and maintains contract records including project status reports, inspection reports, notices to proceed, change orders and pay requests.
- Assists with preparation of correspondence, commission memoranda, contract documents and project reports.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of contract activities
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
- Skill in using standard office machinery and equipment
- Skill in using computers and standard application software
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
- Skill in following written and oral instructions
- Ability to analyze data and prepare reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and three (3) years of administrative and clerical experience, including one (1) year of contract administration or related experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Last revision date: October 2001