ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Solicits, processes, administers, and completes contracts, including those having complex provisions and/or factors.
- Reviews bid documents, coordinates with responsible department for timely input into contract packages and assures completion of the department’s responsibilities.
- Enters and monitors information and data related to contracts that are needed for the financial and contract tracking system.
- Prepares Sealed Bids in accordance with City Ordinance.
- Resolves concerns and conflicts and requests for information for departments, vendors, and/or citizens.
- Administers the Consultants Competitive Negotiation Act program and assists engineers with pre-qualifying.
- Communicates contract deadlines, renewal information, public notices and addendums to all parties.
- Conducts Sealed Bids and request for proposals conference and opening, prepares, evaluation criteria and recommends award.
- Ensures compliance with the City’s insurance and bonding requirements and the Small Business Program.
- Develops contract procurement policies and procedures and recommends methods for streamlining the contracting process.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws pertaining to contracts and contract compliance.
- Knowledge of governmental procurement policies, procedures, methods and legal requirements.
- Knowledge of the purchasing function, including preparation of Sealed Bids.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to prepare records, reports, bid documents and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret bid specifications, contracts, procedure manuals, and related materials pertaining to the responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize own daily assignments and work activities.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply regulations, procedures and related information.
- Skill in using computer and finance application software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field, and four years progressively responsible experience in contract compliance, preferable in the public sector or governmental purchasing, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Certified Public Purchasing Buyer, Certified Public Purchasing Officer, Certified Associate Contracts Manager or Certified Public Contracts Manager certification, preferred. A valid state of Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revised: February 2002