CRA Marketing and Events Coordinator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Responsible for marking and branding a retail business district and commercial area to become a vibrant, exciting destination for local residents and visitors.
- Will create a brand that will be uniform and used in collateral materials (printed and other forms), web site, signage and banners.
- Will implement the Community Redevelopment Agency incentive programs and work to attract new businesses to the area.
- Responsible for coordinating special events and promotions to attract pedestrian traffic to the area and will also promote business development and other business support activities.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of specific computer applications, film, video or other specialized communications techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles, theories, philosophy and techniques of marketing, promoting, and advertising.
- Knowledge of modern methods, practices, equipment, materials, and techniques of black and white and color, indoor and outdoor, still and motion photography and film development, and audiovisual production.
- Skill in the operation and maintenance of a wide variety of audiovisual equipment, including cameras, projectors, tape recorders, record players and video recorders.
- Skills in making visual presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, supervisors, peers, and the media.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing or Public Relations or a related field and three (3) years proven experience in your field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in research and market analysis, merchandizing, various types of surveys and advertising, preferred. A valid driver’s license is required.
Last revision: October 2005