CRA Project Coordinator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:(Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Coordinates and implements adopted community redevelopment plans under the direction of the Redevelopment Manager.
- Implements special programs, coordinates projects and all aspects of marketing and public relations; coordinates with consulting firms, preparing and placing public notifications to meet statutory requirements.
- Prepares and oversees the CRA budget.
- Composes correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Knowledge of City, federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of Florida State Statute 163, Part III.
- Knowledge of administration, monitoring, and grant reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of standard business office machines, practices and procedures.
- Skill in utilizing written and verbal communication in the development of reports and presentations.
- Skill in utilizing computer hardware and software in the research and development of granting applications, documents, statistical data, and reports.
- Skill in analyzing written and verbal information.
- Skill in negotiating consensus and agreement with a variety of vendors, contract providers, and grant recipients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major Public Administration, Economic Development, or related field and five (5) years experience working for a municipality in a community redevelopment agency or area or related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last Revision date: October 2004