Crime Scene Multimedia Technician
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Prepares photographic film for processing and pickup.
- Receives, catalogs, cuts, and files photographic film.
- Receives, catalogs, distributes, and files photographs.
- Receives requests for audio/video and photographic duplication; catalogs, copies, labels and distributes duplications.
- Maintains files for crime scene photos and negatives.
- Provides photographic services to various functions/organizations within the City and Police Department.
- Provides assistance with graphic designs, presentations, and public relations, as requested.
- Assists in the public fingerprinting area.
- Provides assistance with in-house processing of evidentiary items.
- Provides expertise in Adobe PhotoShop for image editing and enhancements.
- Delivers and picks up photographic film, photographs, digital images, and negatives from laboratory.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of photography.
- Knowledge of the training methods and techniques used in audiovisual production.
- Knowledge of photographic equipment, video cameras, color copy machines, basic fingerprinting, and basis photographic image capture.
- Knowledge of aerial photography, portraiture and small evidence photography.
- Skills in the use and care of audio/visual and photographic equipment.
- Skills in the use of various computer programs for digital imaging and image enhancement including audio and video.
- Ability to distinguish the proper colors in photographs, videotapes and computer printouts for graphic reproductions.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and implement numerous assignments.
- Ability to operate the MP-4 Polaroid Copy Camera, 35mm Copy Stands, Computer Scanners, both film and flatbed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and one (1) year work related experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: January 2003