Customer Service Assistant Supervisor
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:(Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of the class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Frequently interacts with internal and external within the City’s utilities service area. Researches and reconciles complex billing and service related complaints. Consults and corresponds with customers verbally, in person, on the telephone and in writing. Exercises independent judgment and thinking in the solution for customer complaints.
- Assists in section budget preparation.
- Conduct employee evaluations. Counsels employees on performance related issues; evaluates workload and makes recommendations for procedural changes.
- Tracks and maintains section payroll and timekeeping; responsible for section personnel files.
- Assists in interviews of potential new employees; assists in training staff in the proper application of City and departmental policies and procedures
- Consults other departments and external customer regarding customer service related issues.
- Tracks and handles special projects related to customer services issues.
- Quotes utility service installation costs to new customers
- Knowledge of utility operations, billing procedures, bookkeeping and accounting procedures
- Knowledge of State and local laws, ordinances and resolution governing customer service related issues.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
- Skill in supervision.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in using personal computers, standard and customized software application, common and specialized office machinery and equipment.
- Skill in utilizing appropriate interpersonal skills when interacting with confrontational individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across divisional and departmental lines as well as with other organizations outside the City.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION; High School diploma or GED, and three (3) years of customer service experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Associate degree from an accredited college or university in business management is preferred. A valid Florida’s driver’s license is required.
Last Revision Date: October 2001