Customer Service Coordinator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Oversees timely preparation and collection of utility bills and maintenance of customer accounts.
- Balances accounts receivable aging report to the general ledger.
- Prepares and maintains uncollectable accounts report.
- Reconciles collection agency reports.
- Submits lien requests and prepares journal entries.
- Prepares utility billing reports as needed.
- Researches debit and credit cards and credit history reports.
- Audits and corrects billing errors.
- Assists bill collectors with recovery of delinquent accounts.
- Oversees maintenance of all files and records associated with utility billing and customer accounts.
- Supervises billing services staff.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of customer relations.
- Knowledge of billing procedures.
- Knowledge of practices, processes and procedures of accounting and bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of billing procedures and bill collection processes.
- Skill in using common office machinery and equipment.
- Skill in using computers and standard application software.
- Skill in supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED supplemented by additional education or training beyond the High School level and three (3) years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, including one (1) year of lead experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Last Revision Date: October 2001