Customer Service Field Representative
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of the class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Reads, connects and disconnects meters for various customer service related assignments including but not limited to delinquent service disconnects and customer requested services.
- Installs meters for customer service related assignments.
- Removes meters for delinquent accounts and unauthorized use.
- Interacts with internal and external customers mainly for the exchange of information.
- Prepares and completes various paperwork necessary for the daily duties.
- Observes standard operating procedures and safety practices.
- Communicates via two way radio for assignments and report of hazardous conditions found while conducting daily work and activity.
- Reads meters for accurate billing information.
- Tracks and maintains daily report of work activities.
- Ability to read meters and be able to locate them.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used to install, connect, disconnect and remove meter.
- Knowledge of the service area geographies.
- Skills in using hands tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, shovels and meter keys.
- Skills in identifying hazardous situations and reporting these via two-way radio.
- Skill in using mathematical computations.
- Skill in both verbal and written communications.
- Skill in following written and oral instructions.
- Skills in customer relations, handling irate customers and problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers inside and outside the work group.
MINIMUM QUALIFCATION: High School diploma or GED and 1 year of related experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: October 2001