ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Coordinates the development of programs and procedures necessary to manage, maintain and enhance the utilization of Management Information Systems.
- Oversees and provides technical support for application programs and databases.
- Develops and provides training materials for operators and system users.
- Trains operators, users, and staff on software.
- Conducts feasibility studies on proposed systems and system enhancements.
- Designs, develops, installs and maintains applications systems and databases. Provides technical and analytical support for mainframe based systems as they are being phased out.
- Coordinates complex database and application software activities with outside agencies.
- Maintains MIS controls and database integrity.
- Knowledge of database management concepts.
- Knowledge of mainframe and informational databases.
- Knowledge of software logic and programming languages.
- Knowledge of project management methods, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of relational databases.
- Skill in computer programming and database design.
- Skill in systems analysis and resolution of system or software conflicts or technical problems.
- Skill in prioritizing, planning, and managing projects.
- Skill in utilizing effective communication skills in the development and implementation of training, training materials, presentations and reports.
- Skill in assigning and reviewing work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a major in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field and five (5) years of relevant working experience. Two (2) years of experience must include working with SQL and PL/SQL. Duties include: design, maintenance, and tuning of Oracle databases, SQL, PL/SQL, Developer 2000 Forms and Reports. Experience in end-user support Oracle for Financials and HR/Payroll preferred. Experience interfacing Lotus Notes and Oracle HR/Payroll preferred. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) preferred.
Last Revision date: August 2003