ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Works in partnership with the school district, higher education, neighborhood associations, business and community agencies to link resources to schools.
- Meets with school site staff to determine needs and helps to link those resources to school site.
- Develops and implements on-going outreach programs with the business community and non-profits to strengthen partnership with schools.
- Continues to coordinate and expand the existing educational outreach initiatives, projects or programs.
- Maintains and coordinates Mayor’s Youth Council meetings and activities.
- Provides continuous public relation efforts to improve and maintain the public image of the City of West Palm Beach schools.
- Develops special collaborative projects and programs with school sites to enhance student achievement
- Develops and maintains a City education information web .
- Prepares reports as needed.
- Represents the City in designated neighborhood and community meetings.
- Knowledge and skills using computerized systems and related software.
- Knowledge of local government functions and Palm Beach County School District.
- Knowledge of research methods and practices.
- Knowledge of standard business office machines, practices and procedures.
- Skills in public relations.
- Skills in written communications and in organization matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop task definitions, create workable action plans and direct resources to resolve a problem or achieve an objective.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to speak in public and make effective presentations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Education, Health and Human Services, or related field, and three (3) professional working experience, working with schools and with educational issues, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: December 2004