ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Assists staff with City sponsored events as requested; tasks may include fund raising, sponsor servicing, site operations and programming.
- Places and confirms orders for required materials and event components such as food, security, tenting, waste management and fencing.
- Monitors and records related expenses and revenues, and estimates required budgets.
- Provides supervision to others assigned to assist in events production.
- Creates written promotional materials.
- Creates and distributes related written materials to customers, participants, and other organizations and individuals.
- Interfaces with the public at special events.
- Arranges and coordinates City services from various departments.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of event scheduling.
- Knowledge of City resources for community events.
- Knowledge of budgeting.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of program management.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective public relations.
- Skill in scheduling, organizing and administering community events.
- Skill in workload management.
- Skill in supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, peers, employees, and members of the general public.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Recreation, Leisure Management or a related field and two (2) years of experience in event management, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision: October 2001