Fiscal Services Specialist
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Generates invoices and past due notices for accounts.
- Reviews receivable activity to ensure payments are processed in a timely manner. Verifies cash receipts and tracks revenues.
- Reviews billing registers to ensure billings are accurate. Make corrections as required.
- Reconciles accounts. Prepares weekly, monthly and/or quarterly activity reports.
- Analyzes, tracks and interprets expenditure, grant and/or revenue budget information. Resolves issues and balances accounts.
- Prepares correspondence, grant applications, special reports, memoranda, as required.
- Compiles information and maintains files on expenses, revenue, personnel, payroll, and/or grant items. Reconciles information with to ledger balances.
- Researches discrepancies or verifies account information using automated data systems, the Internet or hard copy documents.
- Prepares and processes journal entries to correct posting errors. Prepares all journal entries for internal service fund.
- Audits reports to verify accuracy of data and to ensure proper accounts are credited. Prepares year-end reports for the annual audit.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding invoices, billings, liens, payroll, utilities, etc., depending on area of assignment.
- Processes purchase orders, work order requests and maintains appropriate records.
- Sets up and maintains spreadsheets to capture and track information related to area of responsibility.
- Processes invoices for payment. Verifies amount due. Update logs and generates activity reports.
- May conduct fieldwork to verify information, measure properties for stormwater fees or investigate properties for impervious area.
- Calculates fees for special services or utility billings. Inputs data into appropriate accounting system.
- May interface specialized personal computer meter reading system with mainframe. Uploads and downloads all hand held meter reading devices and maintains all meter reader records related to schedules and reading assignments using specialized software.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of basic math principles.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques.
- Skill in using general office equipment such as telephone, fax, printers, copiers, calculators, and computers.
- Skill in maintaining accounting records.
- Skill in using computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Skill in communicating effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Skill in dealing effectively with the general public.
- Skill in resolving customer service issues.
- Skill setting up and maintaining computerized accounting records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and three (3) years general accounting experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. May require a valid Florida driver’s license.
Last revision date: October 2001