Fleet Diagnostic Technician
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:(Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Diagnoses and repairs all computer related drivability problems on city owned vehicles (except Fire Department).
- Diagnoses and repairs RNI computerized fueling systems installed at fuel site and on vehicles, also new RNI insulation and help maintains proper inventory of supplies.
- Repairs and diagnoses all City owned equipment from small equipment to large trucks, mechanical, drivability, hydraulics, tires, etc.
- Assists other mechanics when required.
- Maintains all computerized diagnostic equipment (software updates, repairs, replacements, etc.).
- Assists the Fleet Supervisor or Fleet Specialist with daily tasks as necessary. May act as Fleet Specialist or Supervisor in their absence.
- Communicates with vendors and other government agencies concerning equipment and job procedures that will benefit the City.
- Installs stripping and decals on all City vehicles, including police.
- May participate in the interview and hiring process, as required.
- Inspects all cabs and Jitney Service vehicles that operate within the City per City Codes. (I.e. Downtown trolleys and limo service)
- Issues shop tools to personnel, as needed. Performs inventory procedures, issues and maintains parts room and tire shop, as needed.
- Trains fleet personnel, as needed, in the use of diagnostic equipment, RNI System or any related equipment.
- Knowledge of City, federal and state rules and regulations related to repair and maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
- Knowledge of automotive computerized diagnostic equipment and repair.
- Knowledge of the maintenance and repair of vehicles, heavy and light equipment.
- Skill in safely and efficiently utilizing a variety of automotive computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Skill in safely installing and maintaining RNI computerized fueling systems.
- Skill in utilizing customer service techniques in responding to inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years progressively responsible work experience in fleet maintenance and repair, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida Class B Commercial Driver’s License is required.
Last Revision date: February 2002