Fleet Maintenance Leader
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Interviews, trains, and motivates employees, assigns and evaluates work, and disciplines employees according to established City procedures.
- Conducts performance appraisals.
- Evaluates and determines the need for minor or major repairs of vehicles and equipment.
- Plans and schedules work to be performed.
- Writes work orders.
- Supports and actively promotes the City’s safety programs.
- Inspects completed work to ensure proper work performance.
- Maintains inventory of necessary parts and equipment.
- Assists or performs repairs as necessary.
- Road tests vehicles for diagnostics and repair of problems.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, compression and water pump repair and maintenance of light and heavy-duty automotive and construction equipment.
- Knowledge of electronic and computerized automotive diagnostic equipment used to maintain and repair vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational safety and health policies and procedures related to vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, principles and practices.
- Skill in safely testing, inspecting, and monitoring the maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
- Skill in supervising, evaluating, training and motivating employees.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
- Skill in utilizing public relations techniques in responding to inquiries and complaints.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma, GED, or vocational training and five (5) years related experience, including some lead or supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid driver’s license and CDL Type B license is required.
Last revision date: October 2001