Green Market Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Recruits vendors, interviews, and bring appropriate vendors to the Green Market Board for presentations.
- Is responsible for the weekly organization and set-up of the Green Market.
- Supervises the Green Market Assistants.
- Prepares all required administrative procedures required to execute a weekly market.
- Assists in obtaining sponsors, public relations, and marketing efforts.
- Oversees billing and accounts receivables, prepares deposits and financial reports.
- Responsible of preparing and maintaining the year budget.
- Assists with additional community event projects as requested.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing.
- Knowledge of budgeting.
- Knowledge of basic principles in accounting.
- Skill in the use of computerized systems and programs such as Excel, Lotus Notes, Words, etc.
- Skill in supervision.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective public relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, peers, employees, and members of the general public.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, or a related field and five (5) years of working related experience, including one (1) year supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision: October 2001