SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, performs entry level clerical and library materials maintenance. Provides outstanding customer service duties; and performs related duties as assigned. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Shelve books, newspapers, periodicals, and other materials according to library procedures.
- Monitor shelves to ensure correct shelving and placement of materials, relocating incorrectly placed items.
- Perform light clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, and collating materials, etc. as requested.
- Assist in closing procedures such as turning off computers and equipment, putting craft and game supplies away, and straightening up chairs, tables and materials.
- Perform backup customer service duties.
- Assist library staff as requested.
- Knowledge of physical layout of library.
- Knowledge of personal computers and office computer applications.
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal System.
- Knowledge of the care and placement of library materials, equipment and supplies.
- Skill in basic office procedures.
- Skill in utilizing customer service techniques in responding to inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Skill in safely receiving, retrieving, and reshelving books, resource materials, supplies, and audiovisual equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
FLSA Code: N/E B/U: None Last revision date: October 2003