ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:(which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Picks up trash, debris and tree limbs from public parks and recreational areas.
- Maintains and repairs park amenities, for example, fences, tables, playground equipment or drinking fountains as necessary.
- Cleans, mops and sanitizes public restrooms.
- Cleans, sanitizes and deodorizes restrooms.
- Sweeps and vacuums carpeting and floors using manual and power equipment.
- Mops, scrubs, waxes, shampoos, and spot cleans carpeting and floors.
- Empties waste cans and ashtrays.
- Cleans woodwork, walls, and windows using common household equipment and cleaning products.
- Sets up and breaks down for meetings and special events.
- Sweeps sidewalks and entryways.
- Cleans and dusts offices.
- Performs minor maintenance work such as changing light bulbs, repair fixtures, and furniture.
- Keeps equipment and supplies in order and requests more when needed.
- Maintains exterior of facility clean including trash pickup.
- Maintains recreation equipment, such as basketball nets, courts, etc., as required.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment and tools necessary for the maintenance of public areas.
- Knowledge of custodial practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in performing heavy manual labor in an outdoor environment.
- Skill in following oral and written instructions.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Eighth grade education and six (6) months of ground maintenance experience required, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. May require a valid Florida driver's license.
Last revision date: October 2001