ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Develops and implements marketing plans for the City of West Palm Beach.
- Organizes, coordinates, and directs all marketing/public relations efforts for the City including but not limited to press releases, flyers, newsletters and various reports.
- Develops and implements ongoing marketing plan that includes print and radio; produces and supervises all written materials promoting the City of West Palm Beach.
- Develops and implements special projects and programs improving communications and public relations with various groups acting as the liaison to achieve the objectives of the City of West Palm Beach.
- Solicits sponsorship of events and programs for donations of cash, services, volunteers, and entertainment.
- Records guests, volunteers and staff using video, photographic and digital cameras and tape recorders for presentation at public meetings and displays.
- Assembles video, slide and other media productions according to user requirements. Records narration, mixes music, live audio, special effects, etc.
- Develops informational material on projects and current events for presentation at public meetings, conferences and seminars. Videotapes projects and continually updates video library for community presentations.
- Assists in completing and submitting grant applications, foundation funding, and gifts to give support to new and existing programs.
- Represents the City at varied business and community meetings or forums as needed to assist in accomplishing goals of the City.
- Knowledge of specific computer applications, film, video or other specialized communications techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles, theories, philosophy and techniques of marketing, promoting, and advertising.
- Knowledge of modern methods, practices, equipment, materials, and techniques of black and white and color, indoor and outdoor, still and motion photography and film development, and audiovisual production.
- Skill in the operation and maintenance of a wide variety of audiovisual equipment, including cameras, projectors, tape recorders, record players and video recorders.
- Skills in making visual presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, supervisors, peers, and the media.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Mass Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Graphics Arts or a closely related field, and four (4) years of responsible experience implementing marketing strategies and coordinating varied media projects, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.