MRT Program Coordinator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Reviews, researches, and responds to citizen’s requests for information or service.
- Assists in the development of customer service training and employee relations methods. Recommends and schedules appropriate training seminars for staff.
- Supervises work of subordinate staff. Recommends personnel actions, prepares performance appraisals, and counsels employee on job performance.
- Administers Mayor’s citizen action response program on a daily basis.
- Acts ad liaison with City organizations and homeowners associations to promote City’s customer service program and to create awareness.
- Develops and maintains a tracking log of all requests for information or service. Monitors departmental response time to requests for service or information. Analyzes and prepares reports on daily logs.
- Develops, maintains, and updates related computer software/hardware as needed. Generates reports and updates as necessary.
- Ensures and facilitates response to emergency and critical matters as reported.
- Prepares and monitors the division annual budget and processing of administrative requests.
- Makes recommendations to the City Administrator and Mayor on ways to improve the City’s response to the citizens needs and requests.
- Knowledge of City’s and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer programs and various software applications.
- Knowledge of organizational structures, functions, and operations of City government.
- Skills in customer service, human relations and communications.
- Ability in problem resolution and decision-making.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle special projects of diverse nature.
- Ability to interface effectively with the general public to solve customer concerns.
- Ability to organize and determine priorities.
- Ability to plan and assign the work of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and other employees in all departments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Administration, Business Administration, Political Science or related field, and three (3) years work related experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.