Neighborhood Services Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Plans and directs the development and administration of the City’s Neighborhood Services Division including all projects, programs and activities.
- Develops coordination strategies for delivery of City services to meet the needs of citizens in the City of West Palm Beach’s neighborhoods. Facilities major initiatives to address significant emerging concerns/issues in the neighborhoods.
- Participates with the appropriate Department Directors, federal, state, county and local representatives in the development of various policies and programs concerning neighborhood issues.
- Speaks to business, civic groups, and professional groups regarding the City’s activities and solicits the cooperation, support, and understanding of the same.
- Attends and participates in conferences and meetings when such meetings relate to neighborhood enhancement and development.
- Coordinates partnerships with industry, business, government agencies and civic organizations to further communicate the Neighborhood Services Division’s goals.
- Prepares and implements programs to better inform citizens about the neighborhood improvement opportunities and City services. Acts as liaison with City organizations and homeowners associations to promote City’s customer service program and to create awareness.
- Manages liaison/lobbyist activities between the City’s Education Advisory Committee, Palm Beach County School Board and area schools to take a proactive approach to education issues within the City of West Palm Beach.
- Develops mentoring program through neighborhood and community awareness and assistance programs.
- Manages staff to successfully complete division goals and objectives.
- Works with appropriate City departments to coordinate resources.
- Knowledge of planning, marketing, and promotional strategies necessary for community outreach and information program development.
- Knowledge of management methods and trends.
- Knowledge of community organizing techniques and neighborhood improvement trends/methods.
- Ability to plan, organize, supervise and evaluate work of managerial and professional employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistics, studies and surveys and make sound decisions regarding development and utilization of facilities, personnel and equipment.
- Ability to coordinate the delivery of City services to meet citizens needs, through interface with City departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse groups and implement efforts to stimulate neighborhood revitalization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to think strategically and implement tactically.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field and five (5) years progressively management/supervisory experience, to include planning and directing community outreach, community service experience in neighborhood enhancement initiatives, public relations campaigns for community involvement and/or related working experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: December 2006